This is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
|Session Name:||Serious Games Tutorial: Core Approaches for Serious Game Project Success|
|Track / Format:||SGS: Assessment & Results|
Did you know free users get access to 30% of content from the last 2 years?
In this two-hour session Ben Sawyer covers a specific curriculum designed to help bring developers and customers, new to the serious games field, up to speed on how to develop successful serious game projects.Drawing upon his experience developing, consulting, and designing over a half-dozen projects to date, Ben covers eight key issues serious games entrants should know more about, these include:
1. The absolute basics every project manager and developer MUST know!
2. What are the critical factors that drive success for a project at its earliest stages?
3. What critical non-game items must be executed well in addition to your finished game?
4. What are the critical roles and responsibilities for developers, SMEs, consultants and sponsoring organizations?
5. How do you shape project models that attract partners, sponsors, and users?
6. What is the role of marketing, distribution, and after-release support and how do you manage these issues?
7. What you should know about actually putting your game into use.
8. Where is the serious games market going and how to successfully keep pace?
While crunching through these issues, attendees examine specific case studies that further illustrate the good, bad, and ugly of serious games.