|Session Name:||Serious Games Tutorial: Core Approaches for Serious Game Project Success|
|Track / Format:||SGS: Assessment & Results|
In this two-hour session Ben Sawyer covers a specific curriculum designed to help bring developers and customers, new to the serious games field, up to speed on how to develop successful serious game projects.Drawing upon his experience developing, consulting, and designing over a half-dozen projects to date, Ben covers eight key issues serious games entrants should know more about, these include:
1. The absolute basics every project manager and developer MUST know!
2. What are the critical factors that drive success for a project at its earliest stages?
3. What critical non-game items must be executed well in addition to your finished game?
4. What are the critical roles and responsibilities for developers, SMEs, consultants and sponsoring organizations?
5. How do you shape project models that attract partners, sponsors, and users?
6. What is the role of marketing, distribution, and after-release support and how do you manage these issues?
7. What you should know about actually putting your game into use.
8. Where is the serious games market going and how to successfully keep pace?
While crunching through these issues, attendees examine specific case studies that further illustrate the good, bad, and ugly of serious games.